In the social and political discourses in India, we have come across umpteen instances of organizations and individuals who vehemently oppose the RSS and call it anti-national, fascist and every other evil epithet to malign the organization. When asked to point out specific examples of RSS being a fascist organization, they jump to some other multi-syllable word and try to box the RSS in it. It becomes important to counter such pea-brained baboons with facts time and again. So let’s take up the fascist argument.
One of the biggest fascist party that originated was the Nazi party, which laid out 25 key points at the time of its formation. The 25-point program laid out by the National Socialist German Worker’s Party in 1920 had key sections.
The first one dwelt primarily with their ideology of the german-race being distinct from other races namely the Jews, Gypsies and others.
The second section was focused on the socialist framework that was propounded instead of the capitalist one followed by the West.
The third section was on religion and the press.
If we are to objectively look at these 25 points, for the most rational person it would be evident that the RSS cannot (and should not) be compared on the same lines as the Nazi party and its manifesto.
Section 1: The pure German race:
- We demand the unification of all Germans in the Greater Germany on the basis of the people’s right to self-determination.
[RSS comparison]: While the Nazis wanted to take over other countries like Austria to form the Greater Germany; the RSS ideology of Akhanda Bharat is one of cooperative confederation based on the common Hindu culture that has influenced Asian countries, rather than geopolitical expansion. There’s a big difference between Nazi and RSS ideology on this point. This comparison by the so-called secularists/liberals falls flat.
- We demand equality of rights for the German people in respect to the other nations; abrogation of the peace treaties of Versailles and St. Germain.
[RSS comparison]: The treaty of Versailles originated at the end of World War I, where Germany had to pay substantial monetary reparations, reduce its army, lose its land to countries in Europe and be held solely responsible for World War I. This does not apply to RSS thinking. The second point of comparison between the two organizations falls flat.
- We demand land and territory (colonies) for the sustenance of our people and colonization for our surplus population.
[RSS comparison]: Again – no comparison between the 2 ideologies. We don’t see any mention that RSS asks for territory for the sustenance of any specific race/religion in India. The third point of baseless comparison.
- Only a member of the race can be a citizen. A member of the race can only be one who is of German blood, without consideration of creed. Consequently, no Jew can be a member of the race.
[RSS comparison]: The Nazi manifesto was racist, excluding citizenship rights to all races outside of the German race. Compared to that, the RSS has members from all religions. It’s a nationalist movement which is inclusive of all Indians and there is nothing in its manifesto that talks about excluding citizenship in India based on race/religion. It welcomes men, women of all religions. This is another critical difference in the ideologies of the two organizations. The fourth point of baseless comparison.
- Whoever has no citizenship is to be able to live in Germany only as a guest and must be under the authority of legislation for foreigners.
[RSS comparison]: We do not have the RSS manifesto talking about treating people as guest based on their religion/race. Any individual’s citizenship in India is governed by our constitution and enacted laws. The fifth point of incoherent comparison between the two ideologies.
- The right to determine matters concerning administration and law belongs only to the citizen. Therefore, we demand that every public office, of any sort whatsoever, whether in the Reich, the county or municipality, be filled only by citizens. We combat the corrupting parliamentary economy, office-holding only according to party inclinations without consideration of character or abilities.
[RSS comparison]: Here, the Nazis wanted citizenship to be based on the German race only and excluded other people from holding public office. There is nowhere in RSS ideology that talks about excluding people from holding public office based on race/religion. The sixth point of incredulous comparison plot by the so-called tolerance brigade that falls flat on its face.
- We demand that the state is charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for the citizens. If it is impossible to sustain the total population of the State, then the members of foreign nations (non-citizens) are to be expelled from the Reich.
[RSS comparison]: The Nazi ideology wanted to exclude non-german race individuals from getting state benefits and expel them from the country. This foolish attempt to compare Nazi ideology with RSS is like mixing water with oil – it just does not mix. The seventh point of comparison busted.
- Any further immigration of non-citizens is to be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans, who have immigrated to Germany since 2 August 1914, be forced immediately to leave the Reich.
[RSS comparison]: If anyone can point out in the RSS ideology where it asks people of any race to be expelled from India, it would be worth a discussion. Until then, this eight point of comparison is futile.
Section 2: The Socialist framework:
- All citizens must have equal rights and obligations.
- The first obligation of every citizen must be to productively work mentally or physically. The activity of individuals is not to counteract the interests of the universality but must have its result within the framework of the whole for the benefit of all. Consequently, we demand:
- Abolition of unearned (work and labour) incomes. Breaking of debt (interest)-slavery.
- In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
- We demand the nationalisation of all (previous) associated industries (trusts).
- We demand a division of profits of all heavy industries.
- We demand an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.
- We demand the creation of a healthy middle class and its conservation, immediate communalization of the great warehouses and their being leased at low cost to small firms, the utmost consideration of all small firms in contracts with the State, county or municipality.
- We demand a land reform suitable to our needs, provision of a law for the free expropriation of land for the purposes of public utility, the abolition of taxes on land and prevention of all speculation in land.
- We demand struggle without consideration against those whose activity is injurious to the general interest. Common national criminals, usurers, profiteers and so forth are to be punished with death, without consideration of confession or race.
- We demand substitution of a German common law in place of the Roman Law serving a materialistic world-order.
- The state is to be responsible for a fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program, to enable every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education and subsequently introduction into leading positions. The plans of instruction of all educational institutions are to conform with the experiences of practical life. The comprehension of the concept of the state must be striven for by the school [Staatsbürgerkunde] as early as the beginning of understanding. We demand the education at the expense of the state of outstanding intellectually gifted children of poor parents without consideration of position or profession.
- The state is to care for the elevating national health by protecting the mother and child, by outlawing child-labor, by the encouragement of physical fitness, by means of the legal establishment of a gymnastic and sports obligation, by the utmost support of all organizations concerned with the physical instruction of the young.
- We demand the abolition of the mercenary troops and formation of a national army.
[RSS comparison]: #9 to #22 are related specifically to the distinction between capitalist and socialist frameworks. The Nazi party was a socialist party, like many other socialist governments like France, Denmark, Finland, Canada, Sweden etc. It would not be difficult to find some common ground between Germany and other European socialist countries specifically on these laws. Again – no comparison points between RSS and the Nazi party.
Section 3: The press, religion and other points:
- We demand legal opposition to known lies and their promulgation through the press. In order to enable the provision of a German press, we demand, that:
- All writers and employees of the newspapers appearing in the German language be members of the race;
- Non-German newspapers be required to have the express permission of the state to be published. They may not be printed in the German language;
- Non-Germans are forbidden by law any financial interest in German publications or any influence on them and as punishment for violations the closing of such a publication as well as the immediate expulsion from the Reich of the non-German concerned. Publications which are counter to the general good are to be forbidden. We demand legal prosecution of artistic and literary forms which exert a destructive influence on our national life and the closure of organizations opposing the above made demands.
[RSS comparison]: With the rate at which the separatist tendencies in India and from foreign lands are using the press as a mouthpiece of sowing dissent and anarchy in India, its tempting to implement some level of control and sanity on the press. Jokes apart, we don’t find RSS calling for clamping down on the press or its funding. It uses the democratic laws in India where its maligned wrongly by institutions or individuals. Twenty third point of comparison nullified.
- We demand freedom of religion for all religious denominations within the state so long as they do not endanger its existence or oppose the moral senses of the Germanic race. The Party as such advocates the standpoint of a positive Christianity without binding itself confessionally to any one denomination. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit within and around us and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our nation can only succeed from within on the framework: “The good of the community before the good of the individual”.(“GEMEINNUTZ GEHT VOR EIGENNUTZ”)
[RSS Comparison]: Where the RSS objects is to the forceful and in many cases through the use of money, the conversion of unsuspecting Hindus to Islam or Christianity. Its opposed (as should be) to the expansionist tendencies of these religions where they do not treat other religions at par with themselves. But the RSS does not denigrate other religions since its basis is the Hindu Dharma which looks at all with a sense of equality (Samadrishti). Compared to that if we look at the expansion of Christianity and Islam we see that Europe is around 75% Christian, Latin America-Carribean is 90% Christian, Middle East- North Africa is 93% Muslim, North America is 77% Christian, Sub-Saharan Africa is 63% Christian and Asia-Pacific is around 21% Hindu and 12% Buddhist. This race to convert the entire world to either Islam or Christianity is unfair to all the indigenous religions which have grown organically in different parts of the world. So, if RSS objects to this, its well within its rights to do so. This also should be used as a counter to the Goan church that complained about the dangers of mono cultural-ism. Having a Hindu or Buddhist country is actually good for the diversity of the world instead of becoming mono-culturalist by falling in one of the 2 camps.
- For the execution of all of this, we demand the formation of a strong central power in the Reich. Unlimited authority of the central parliament over the whole Reich and its organizations in general. The forming of state and profession chambers for the execution of the laws made by the Reich within the various states of the confederation. The leaders of the Party promise, if necessary by sacrificing their own lives, to support the execution of the points set forth above without consideration.
[RSS Comparison]: The democratic structure of India is federalist with the states having control of administration within their state boundaries. RSS manifesto does not call for this structure to be abolished and is not looking for absolute power on the workings of the country.
It’s asking for India and Indians to re-discover its roots and its right place as a future leader of the world instead of being subservient to foreign ideologies.