How to Register, Login, and Contribute an article to “My Voice”
You need a valid email address to register and become a member at OpIndia.com community. You can register yourself and get an OpIndia account by clicking here.
You need to provide your email address and choose a username. You will then receive an email asking you to confirm your membership.
If you don’t receive any such email in your inbox, please check the spam box to see if it might have landed there. If it’s not even there, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our technical team will look into it.
Once you become a member at OpIndia.com community, you can login at “My Voice” and start contributing your articles.
To contribute an article, please click the following link (as circled in the image) after you login into “My Voice”:
Once you click the above link, you will see the following screen (click on the image for better view):
You must familiarize yourself with WordPress publishing. In short, keep in mind the following while contributing your article:
- Don’t write too long a post title i.e. headline of your article. Keep it around 10-15 words.
- Use the “Add Media” to add one or more images to your article. You can either upload an image (avoid images with explicit copyright) or search for an existing image in the gallery.
- You can add caption to the image, choose the size of the image, and align it with the text after clicking the button. Please read this on how to insert images.
- Write a short description or summary of the article under the “Excerpt” field. If this field is not visible, please click on the “Screen Options” button on right hand top of the screen to make it visible.
- You should save and preview your articles before clicking “Submit for Review” button. You can change alignment of images or make any text changes after previewing before submitting it for review.
- You can save your articles as draft and finish it later (up to two weeks, after which we might delete your draft).
- Please use only one category for your article. Your article might be relevant to many categories, but use only one that is primary. Say, your article could be an opinion piece dealing with political developments. You can either select “Politics” or “Opinion” based on the nature of your article, but don’t select both. However, if you’re contributing an article in Hindi, you can select “Hindi” as an additional category.
- Don’t select “Rules and Announcements” and “Editor’s Picks” as the category. Those are for administration purposes.
- You can enter some tags (topics, or keywords) that are relevant to your article. Separate the tags with commas. Don’t use too many tags – upper limit is 7 tags for an article. Some tags could be auto-suggested when you type, prefer selecting those than typing new ones.
- You can choose a featured image for the article. This image will be shown as thumbnail on the website homepage, as well as when you share your article on social media.