Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes. Those who do not read history are doomed to repeat it. Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors are destined to repeat them. – George Santayana
India’s recent history with China has been filled with the treacherous and duplicitous behavior of a country led by a homicidal blood lust addicted communist party of China bolstered by pusillanimous and fifth columnist approach of the elites in the Indian government starting from Independent India’s first government. A country decimated by the murderous Mao designed man made famine and actively stuck in the Korean peninsula ruckus – a country with hardly any air force to speak of- delivered a bloody nose to India thanks to Nehru and Krishna Menon. China’s policy towards India has never been in doubt – dispute everything – obstruct everything – and rejoice in India’s pain. India’s policy has always been to take the hits, appease the bully and lie to its own citizens. China will never let India live in peace or pursue progress. Their’s is a zero sum game designed towards obliterating India.
Now is the most propitious time to throw the old useless panchasheel into the dust bin of history and draft a new one – representing the core aspirations of Indian citizens. This panchasheel should include
- Recognize Taiwan as an independent country and back its entry into ALL UN organizations
- Provide Head of State protocol to his Holiness the Dalailama and full diplomatic status to his tibetan government in exile
- Officially communicate to China that all Indian territories occupied by it from 1962 onwards in addition to the POK area it got from its islamic terrorist buddy pakistan is disputed
- Stop servicing and repayment on all Chinese origin loans and announce them as interim financial adjustments pending presentation of final bill for damages – wuhan virus and everything else – for China inflicted pain
- Treat china as a rogue state and an existential threat to india in word and deed
This is a defining moment for Modi’s government which has been successful in destroying decades old pakistani nuclear bluff. Time has come to invalidate chinese bluster and pompousness and this opportunity of course correction should be fully utilized. Can Mr modi rise to the occasion and knee cap the dragon and bring its to its knees?