I was born in India but like 3 crore persons of Indian origin, I live in the West.
There has been a Christian social democratic, liberal and left leaning consensus that has dominated the West over the last several decades. The West includes North America (US and Canada), Europe, Australia and New Zealand. It does not include major economies like Japan.
We have few records of how ancient India looked like during the last millennia, mostly because of wanton destruction perpetrated by invaders starting at the beginning of this millennium. The West is at its glorious best now, wealthy, healthy with technological superiority. It is also facing existential crises in the form of immigration, Islam and identity. I can see many parallels between how West is today and how Bharat might have been around AD 1000, when the first successful Islamic invasions began, destroying most of what existed before.
- Criminal justice system; today’s West favours the criminal against the society. A murderer can expect to be imprisoned for just 8 years in many Western nations. Hindu benevolence towards evil rather than evil-doer gave us stories of invaders being forgiven, we know what this resulted in.
2. Immigration of undesirable societies, religions and communities; the West is not only encouraging immigration from Islamic nations, it is doing so with the full knowledge of how these recent immigrants fail to integrate, cost tax payers and many take part in terrorism against the very state that allows them in. Indian generosity allowed people of many faiths to come to India, Malabar was an example of Moplah or Mappila Muslims allowed to settle in Kerala in 10th century, how this has changed Kerala is known to all of us.
3. Incorrect interpretation of morality or Dharma; Christian openness allows the West to embrace cultures that are openly inimical to them, a recent example was of a Pakistani origin, UK born terrorist murdering people in London and one of the victim’s father wrote columns in newspapers saying that such terrorists should not be imprisoned for long periods! We have seen how Dharma has been incorrectly interpreted to support docility in the face of committed adversaries. Failure of Indian kingdoms to go after the invaders when the first Arab invasions failed in 8th century resulted in more invasions that ultimately succeeded and destroyed temples, while committing genocide of Hindus. This continues in independent India where the majority religion is taught docility while madarsas teach something opposite.
4. Vegan, vegetarianism, animal-rights; vegetarianism and veganism is on the rise in the West, this is alright on it’s own but it comes with a whole gamut of thought processes of do no harm that encompasses kindness to those who vow to destroy the West. Such kindness was prevalent in 10th century Bharat especially after centuries of Buddhist ahimsa discourse.
5. Fewer children; the West encourages immigration due to falling birth rates, it does not introspect how the Western state is responsible for such decline because it encourages female work-force participation while sacrificing the next generation. Bharat in 10th Century could not compete against demographic bulges that were taking place in the Islamic world, giving unending supply of soldiers ready for jihad against Hindu India.
6. Focus on worldly pleasures, drug taking, multiple partners, alternative sexuality and promoting these lifestyle choices in the West; we know that Al Qaeda leaders saw the West as debauch and gave this as a reason for their holy war. Bharat in 10th century had arts, music, freedoms for females and societal openness. The invaders had focused resolve as they have today against the West.
7. Abandoning religion; the West has lowest levels of religiosity ever. Bharat in 10th century encouraged debates, theorising and welcoming approach to all forms of worship. This made Indians at that time unready for Abrahamic religions that were exclusionary and preached conversion or death to infidels.
8. Respect for the other results in annihilation of own culture; Sweden has bombs going off every week from immigrant gangs, 80% of Swedish police are afraid to go into immigrant dominated (mostly Muslim) areas. Curiosity and respect for other cultures is slowly asphyxiating western cultures. Bharat in 10th century may have had similar curiosity, witness the Sufi movement where Ajmer Pirs still wear saffron but the faith that they preach remains anti-Hindu.
9. Is a welfare state essentially defeatist and prone to be taken over? This is a question that remains open in the West, may be in 10th century India the culture of welcoming guests, feeding people in temples, charity and benevolence made fighting for survival a forgotten instinct?
10. Comparison between Inca and Conquistadors, they were expected but they were not aware of the malign intent; the West today does not see the mal-intent of immigrants from Islamic world even when they have witnessed countless terrorist attacks. Western courts still support these immigrants against the general public. Did 10th century Indian kingdoms make wrong assessments of the intent of invaders when many Hindu kingdoms aligned with Islamic conquerors for petty gains against their fellow Hindu kingdoms.
11. The most important thing in a civilisation or society or nations’ survival is what it teaches its next generation, left leaning education system promotes a welcoming world view for Western children who grow up and study in left-leaning universities. They do not see the threats posed by Islam. While madarsas in the West teach Muslim children growing up in the west to hate infidels. While new immigrants from Islamic nations already come with ideologies that tell them to hate and kill the infidels. This is a powder keg that will destroy the future of the West. May be 10th century Bharat promoted ideas rather than hard military mindset that made such invasions successful.
12. Climate is an emergency because it may kill people in the future but Islamic radicalism is not seen as an emergency even when this ideology is terrorising people today; the West is falling over about climate emergency and are blind to the threats that are eating away their societies and geopolitical threats that are threatening their nations. 10th century India may have had priorities that did not see immediate threats.
13. Social evils like Mocro mafia, Moroccan mafia in Netherlands, Muslim criminal enterprises in UK and Europe; Drug running, prostitution, human trafficking, a large part of criminal enterprises are run by Muslims in Europe. Nations are too weak and hindered by liberal laws to either prosecute or punish. Netherlands has Mocro mafia or Moroccan drugs mafia that generates $18 billion. 10th century Bharat did not have slavery on the scale that started after Muslim invasions, resulting in millions of Hindus being taken as slaves to be sold across the Muslim world. Hindukush mountain range literally means Hindu-killer as so many died while crossing these mountain ranges when they were being taken away as slaves.
14. Fall of Roman empire; many scholars state that Rome started declining after it allowed immigration on a large scale, the West today may be on a similar precipice. 10th century India allowed Muslims from Arab lands in Malabar coasts, followed by centuries of arrivals from European colonists to Islamic invaders. Majority of Muslim ruling classes were foreigners, centuries of Islamic rule was never really Indian in nature as left historians falsely claim. Even today the gap between what is taught to the majority community in India and what is taught in 600,000 madarsas in India is creating a societal chasm that will be difficult to bridge.
Of course, many of these parallels may just be suppositions, but historical records show that Bharat in 10th century was a welcoming society just like the West today. The threats faced by the West today have similarities to what Indian kingdoms faced at the beginning of this millennium.