On this day, Karnataka BJP is set to form Government, let’s see what BJP has done for Hindus in the past and what promises they have made in the 2018 Election
During 2011, the former Karnataka CM donated 110 crores to several temples for development in Karnataka. This is the highest amount donated by any Karnataka chief minister to temples in a short period.
Documents released by the government reveal that approximately 269 temples, religious institutions, and religious charitable trusts (all Hindu), received government funds over 110 crore rupees between 2008 and 2011.
Not only donated funds but also deregulated powerful Mahabaleshwara temple in Gokarna and handed over its management to the Ramachandrapura Mutt.
Several temples which got funds from Government are listed below:
- Dattatreya Peeta, Gulbarga district – 2 crore
- Someshwara Kshetra and Hariharapura Kshetra in Chikmagalur district – 3+1 crore
- Adi Chunchanagiri Kshetra in Mandya district -5 crore
- Kanaka Peetha in Haveri district -10 crore
- Kudalasangama, a pilgrimage centre-5 crore
- pilgrimage centre Basavakalyan-5 crore
- The Raghavendra Swamy Mutt in Mantralaya-10 crore
Temples and Mutts in Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, got more than 18 crore as aid from Karnataka.
Yediyurappa also fulfilled the long- pending demands of temple priests, whose salary and perks were doubled, thereby costing the state exchequer 58 crore a year.
Now come to the promises made by them for Hindus in the 2018 manifesto and in 2018 election rallies
- Promised to free temples from Government.
- Temple Tourism.￼
- Restoration of Jains and Buddhists temples.
- Rectify Leftists inaccuracies in School textbooks.
- Promoting Karnataka Hindu Kingdom’s Culture
- Memorial for Veera Madakari Nayaka – man who fought against Hyder Ali and Onakke Obavva – a woman who fought the forces of Hyder Ali (father of Tippu sultan) single-handedly with a pestle(Onake).
- CAPTIVATING KODAGU Package
Talakaveri temple – Kaveri river birthplace
- BJP assures development of temples which are present in Bangalore.
- BJP top leader Sriramulu assured in Mangalore that he will withdraw all fake cases done against Hindu activists during Congress Government.
- BJP also promised to cancel Tippu Jayanti after coming to Power !!
Engineering Student – NIT Karnataka