Modi government has put a lot of emphasis on over all development of all states. The state of AP was in turmoil after bifurcation in 2014. Since 2014 after coming to power Modi government has been putting all measures to propel growth of AP. PM Modi visit to AP signifies the development done and to be done by central government in AP.
Uttarandhra region of AP still remains backward except for city of Vizag. Vizag has been port city and center for trade since centuries.The region is having plenty of natural resources and a vast marine belt. It has potential to become top tourist spot in country with varied scenic natural terrains like sea, beach, hills, valleys, exotic fauna and flora. Area lacks Infrastructure, roads and basic amenities. People have to still carry pregnant ladies and sick people on cots for medical facilities. Modi government has focused on the development of infrastructure and utilization of natural resources with aim to boost development in this area.
PM visit and the projects
Projects worth Rs15233 crores were inaugurated or launched by PM on 12-11-2022. The central government undertook all these projects through respective ministries.
The projects dedicated to nation worth Rs7619 crores
- Doubling and electrification of railway lines of Vijayawada-Gudivada- Bhimavaram-Nadidavolu, Gudivada- Machilipatnam & Bhimavaram – Narsapuram with cost of Rs Rs4106 crores
- ONGC -U field development in eastern offshore with cost of Rs 2917 crores
- Grass Root POL Depot at Guntakal (IOCL) with cost of Rs385 crores
- 2L + PS Pathapatnam to Narasannapeta part of Icchapuram- Parlekhamudi with cost of Rs 211 crores
Projects for which foundation stone laid
- AP section of 6 lane Green Field Raipur-Vizag Economic corridor with Rs 3778 crores
- GAIL-Srikakulam Angul Spurlines 321km of SAPL (Srikakulam -Angul Pipeline) with Rs 2658 crores
- Dedicated Port Road with Rs 566 crores
- Redevelopment of Vizag Railway station with Rs 460 crores
- Modernization and up-gradation of Vizag fishing harbor with Rs 152 crores
All these projects aim at improving infrastructure, attracting investments and providing jobs in area of Vizag and Uttara Andhra.
Glance at work of Modi government in AP
In reality development activities happening in AP are mainly due to funds and schemes of central government only. A sneak peak at the developmental and welfare activities done by center in AP reveals the fact
- Under PM -GSY 1,13,206 kms of rural roads were constructed with Rs 29985 crores since 2014 in AP
- Centre to spend ₹3 Lakh Crore on development of highways and roads in Andhra Pradesh in 2023-24. Union Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari ji laid the foundation stone for 51 road projects. Out of them 30 road projects run into 735 km with an estimated cost of ₹10,368 crore and 21 projects measuring 645 km with a cost of Rs11,191 crores.
- Modi government is developing 32 industrial projects through 11 industrial corridors across India. 3 of the 11 pass through AP. The three being Vizag -Chennai, Chennai -Hyderabad and Hyderabad- Bengaluru industrial corridors. Several industrial nodes are like Vizag, Krishnapatnam , Orvakallu, kopparthi, Srikalahasthi, Tirupathi, are being developed through this corridors to boost industrial growth.
- 6 out of the 23 green eld express highways taken up by the centre in the last were in Andhra Pradesh. Raipur-Visakhapatnam (465 Km), Nagpur to Vijayawada Highway, Chittoor-Thanjavur highway, Hyderabad to Visakhapatnam highway and Bangalore-Chennai highway which runs through 85 km in AP. All of them to be completed before 2025.
- Modi government established 11central institutes as per reorganization act like AIIMS, IIT, IIIT, IISER, NIT, Central University, Tribal University, etc. Apart from these 10 more central institutes are sanctioned to AP.
- In Andhra Pradesh, 1,18,55,426 accounts opened and 88,85,008 RuPay Cards were issued to beneficiaries in the State of Andhra Pradesh through Jandhan Yojana. The balance in these accounts amounted to Rs 42,78.36 Crore.
- 56.4 lakh farmers received Rs 1956 crores in 2021-22 through PM – KISAAN.
- A total of 1,44,22,366 soil health cards (SHCs)were distributed in the state.
- Vizag, Kakinada, Tirupati and Vijayawada- Guntur were selected for Smart City Mission. Estimated project costs of Vizag being Rs2909 crores, Tirupati being Rs 1610 crores and Kakinada being Rs 1000 crores.
- Under PMAY scheme, a total of 20,75,773 houses were sanctioned to AP.
- Around Rs30,000 crore works were done under MNREGA scheme in AP which include construction of village secretariats, Raithu Bharosa Kendras, School compounds, bulk milk centers, etc.
- The state of Andhra Pradesh has been provided 31,02,317 tap water connections under Jal Jeevan mission.
- Covid relief activities done in state are mainly due to Modi government. 11,02,57,059 vaccine doses have been given in the state of Andhra Pradesh. 2.68 crore needyavailed PM Garib Anna Kalyan Yojana scheme in the state of Andhra Pradesh and received 5 kg of grains (wheat / rice) per head and 1 kg pulses per family.
Development in AP is mainly due to Modi government
The state of Andhra Pradesh has longest sea coast and diverse natural resources. State has faced various hurdles after the bifurcation. State is now in a severe debt-ridden situation. Raising debts for clearing loans and welfare schemes is happening in AP.
Since 2014 Modi government has concentrated on the overall development and welfare of state. It is an undeniable fact that what so ever development happened in AP is mainly due to BJP There is a delay of execution by state in some projects. State government failed to release it’s share of funds in some schemes. Still Modi government has taken forward several developmental activities to make state self-reliant. Central government also contributed significantly for welfare of people of AP. Development will enhance the income of state which can be used for welfare of people. This visit of PM reiterates the fact that BJP is committed for overall progress and welfare of AP. Development of AP is possible only with BJP.
Dr Vinusha Reddy
State Executive Committee Member, State Media Panelist, State In charge of Mahila Morcha,
BJP Andhra Pradesh