As I pen down my first column, and that too on account of analyzing what the NaMo Govt did for the National Security of the country by enhancing, supporting and enriching the Defense Forces, I feel extremely nostalgic having to experience the goosebumps. Moreover, NaMo is one hell of an unequivocal leader with respect to clarity of thoughts in whatever he persues. As they say, “You can like him, dislike him. But you can’t ignore him.”
Leaving aside the fact that the rattled opposition, dead Wires, Pseudo Quints and the likes alleges NaMo of politicizing the Surgical Strikes and the Balakot AirStikes, I take this opportunity of elaborating and sharing some of the tremendous achievements of the Modi Govt in strengthening the Defense system of India. Let us go through the achievements we have had in these 5 years in the various sectors of defense system under the BJP regime:
1) Contract with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for “17 (16 + 1 )” ALH-Dhruv helicopters.
2) Contract with Boeing for “4” additional Poseidon-8I long-range maritime surveillance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft.
3) Contract with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for “12” new & upgraded Dornier surveillance aircraft.
4) Contract with Israel Aerospace Industries for supplying LRSAM (part of Barak 8 family) to equip 11 ships of Indian navy.
5) Contract with Mazagon Dock Ltd. and Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers for design and construction of “7 (4+3)” Project 17A-class frigates.
6) Contract with Russia for purchase of “2” frigates of the Project 1135.6 class.
7) Contract between Rosoboronexport and India’s Goa Shipyard Limited to build in India “2” Grigorovich-class Project 1135.6 frigates with TOT from Russia.
8) Contract with Hindustan Shipyard Limited for construction of “2” Diving Support Vessels to augment Indian Navy’s submarine support operations.
9) Contract with James Fisher Defence (JFD-UK) for design, build and supply of “2” complete submarine rescue systems and a 25-year all inclusive AMC.
10) Contract with Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers for design, construction and supply of “4” Survey Vessels.
11) Contract with Larsen & Toubro for the design and construction of a floating dock (8000 T displacement).
12) Contract with Goa Shipyard Limited for “4” 1000 T Fuel Barges.
13) Contract with Titagarh Wagons for “ 2 ” 1000 T Fuel Barges.
14) Contract with Sterlite Technologies (India) to build and manage Indian Navy’s next-gen digital network.
15) Contract with Russian shipbuilder Zvezdochka for refit of “ 4 ” Kilo class submarines. (One in Russia and other three in L&T shipyard.)
16) Contract with ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems to refit a Shishumar class submarine as well as retrofitting anti-ship American Harpoon Missiles on “2” submarines of this class.
17) Contract with Atlas Elektronik, German naval systems giant, for “ 6 ” advanced/Active towed array sonar (ATAS/ACTAS) systems.
18) Contract with Nova Integrated Systems Limited ( wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Advanced System Ltd) for procurement of over two dozen Surface Surveillance Radars. (First Contract Under Buy and Make Indian Category in collaboration with Terma, Denmark.)
19) Contract with Tata Power SED under the ‘Buy and Make’ category for supply of Portable Diver Detection Sonar (PDDS) which will enhance Indian navy’s underwater surveillance capability.
20) Three-year contract with Boeing for continuing its support for maintenance of Indian Navy’s fleet of P-8I maritime patrol aircraft.
21) Contract with Boeing for training simulator for Poseidon-8I aircraft.
22) Contract with Ultra Electronics (UK) to supply the Indian Navy with defence Systems in partnership with Mahindra Defence Systems (India) based upon Ultra’s highly successful Sea Sentor product.
23) Contract with Hindustan Shipyard Limited for construction of “ 4 ” 50-T Bollard Pull Tugs.
Indian Coast Guard
1) Contract with Reliance Naval and Engineering Limited for the design and construction of “ 14 ” Fast Patrol Vessels (FPVs).
2) Contract with Larsen & Toubro for the design and construction of “ 7 ” Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs).
3) Contract with HAL for “ 16 ” ALH-Dhruv helicopters.
4) Contract with Reliance Naval and Engineering Limited for a training ship (3,000 T displacement).
1) Contract with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for “ 40 ” ALH-Dhruv helicopters.
2) Contract with Cyient Solutions & Systems Pvt. Ltd, a JV b/w Cyient Ltd (India) and BlueBird Aero Systems (Israel), for supplying SpyLite mini UAVs.
3) Contract with SMPP Pvt Ltd (India) for procurement of “ 1.86 lakh ” bullet proof jackets.
4) Contract with MKU India Pvt Ltd for supplying “ 1.58 lakh ” ballistic helmets.
5) Contract with Larsen & Toubro (in collaboration with South Korean technology partner Hanwha Tech Win), for supplying “ 100 ” modified K-9 Vajra 155 mm/52 caliber self-propelled tracked howitzers.
6) Contract with U.S. for supplying “ 145 ” M777 ultralight howitzers (O.E.M. ‘BAE Systems’ has partnered with Mahindra Defence for local assembly of 120 guns)
7) Contract with Ordnance Factory Board for upgunning (Sharang upgrade) vintage 130 mm M-46 artillery guns.
8) Contract with Israel Aerospace Industries for supplying medium range surface to air missiles (MRSAM) and missile defence systems to the Indian Army.
9)Contract with TATA Power SED and L&T for supplying “ two regiments” of indigenous Pinaka multi-barrelled rocket launcher (MBRL).
10) Contract with Tata Motors for supplying “ 3192 ” units of Tata Safari Storme 4X4. (majority for Indian Army)
11) Contract with Tata Motors for supplying “ 1858(1239+619) ” units of its indigenously developed 6X6 high-mobility multi-axle vehicles.
12) Contract with Ashok Leyland for supplying “ 450 ” units of Field Artillery Tractor 6×6 (Gun Tower) and other similar Super Stallion vehicles and “ 825 ” units of Ambulance 4×4.
13) Contract with Ashok Leyland for supplying “ 81 ” High Mobility 10×10 vehicles to carry Smerch rockets.
14) Contract with Force Motors for Light Strike Vehicles (4X4).
15) Contract with Alpha Design Technologies Ltd (India) for “ 57 ” firing simulators to train for gunnery and missile firing from BMP-II vehicles.
Indian Air Force
1) Contract with France for the purchase of “ 36 ” Rafale fighter jets at a cost of €7.87 billion.
2) Contract with Rosoboronexport (Russia) for supplying “ 5 ” S-400 Long Range Surface to Air Missile Systems.
3) Contract with SMPP Pvt Ltd (India) for procurement of “ 1.86 lakh ” bullet proof jackets
4) Contract with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for supplying “ 14 ” Do-228 aircraft (including six reserve engines, one flight simulator and associated equipment) to the Indian Air Force.
5) Contract with Boeing to deliver its last C-17 Globemaster III strategic airlifter.
6) Contract with Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) for supplying “50” Limited series production Astra Mk-I BVRAAM (beyond-visual range air-to-air missile).
7) Contract with Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd. (Israel) for its innovative BNet communication system to be executed by its Indian joint venture Astra Rafael Comsys Pvt. Ltd aka ARC (Indian JV partner:- Astra Microwave Products Ltd.)
8) Contract with Alpha Design Technologies Ltd (India) to build “ 3 ” hi-tech simulators for the Indian Air Force to train its pilots to fly fighter jets and helicopters.
As a concerned citizen, I feel that we need to have a strong defense system considering the fact that our borders range from Sir Creek to Siachen Glacier to Aksai Chin to Sunderbans.
In a nutshell, the modernisation of Defense forces has been going on at full pace and this government has been on its heel with this regard.
My Vote for BJP. My Vote to Modi