BJP should focus on Telangana, the state needs a doer like Sunil Deodhar
What’s wrong with Telangana BJP? Why the new leaders are not staying in the party for long time like leaders in other parties?
1) Aelay Narendra was BJP MP from Medak 1999 to 2004, but left the party and won as an MP from TRS party in 2004.
2) Vijayashanthi, film actress once joined the party in 1998. She was general secretary of Mahila Morcha but very soon left the party. She joined TRS and won as MP from Medak In 2009, jumped to Congress in 2014, contested and lost.
3) Kota Srinivasa Rao, a cine artist, was once MLA from BJP, but left the party after completion of MLA duration in 2004. He got Padma Shri and acted in almost 650 movies.
4) Krishnam Raju, also a cine artist, was a minister in the central govt during Vajpayee days, but left the party in 2009 and joined PRP.
5) Latest, Nagam Janardhan Reddy and his son joined BJP before 2014 general elections, both lost and left the party.
6) Jagga Reddy from BJP contested Medak bypoll, but after losing went back to Congress and conducted a large public meeting where Rahul Gandhi attended.
7) Yennam Srinivas Reddy also won as an MLA in bypolls and lost in 2014 with just 3000 votes, and he left the party.
BJP’s high command should understand why all these leaders are leaving the party, they should rectify and nor repeat those mistakes if they seriously want to form govt in Telangana.
But one thing is for sure that all these netas are leaving party because of arrogance of state senior leaders. If this is not corrected then it will be a huge setback for the party.
What BJP and its high command should do to be the main opposition in 2019 in the state and to be in power in 2024?
1) It should appoint an in-charge for the party who’s not from the state but he should stay in the state like they sent Sunil Deodhar to Tripura. Such a person should be available to local leaders and people.
2) The current state leaders work to please their higher authorities in the party.
3) If there’s no leader watching them, then they act like they’re ruling state and get relaxed.
4) Unless there’s no in-charge to the state there’s no hope for BJP to be opposition or in power.
5) If high command neglect it, then it will become another establishment against Hindutva in the state like Left got established in academics, arts, mass media. State will become another Kerala, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu where it became hard to perform well for the party.
6) Party leaders should take in TDP leaders into the party before this July, so that they have enough time to campaign as BJP candidate and chances to win.
R Krishnaiah should be taken into the party before congress acts and takes him into the party. He’s all india backward castes president, Mla from L B Nagar constituency, with his joining party can get strengthened in other areas also, as he has clean image.