I was going through the FB post of one of my friends who happens to be a Upper Caste Telugu like me. In which he had mentioned that, since no substantial allocation for AP in the budget BJP will be wiped out in AP in 2019. Which actually made me smile. Since I have been hearing this narrative since past 5 years or so, very regularly.
The political narrative in 2 Telugu States:
– Being a Telanganite if you belong to a party which supports United Andhra, then you & your party will be wiped out from Telangana.
– Being an Andhrite if you belong to a party which supports Telangana, then, you & your party will be wiped out from Andhra.
– Being a Telanganite if you belong to a party which is silent on bifurcation, then, you & your party will be wiped out from Telangana.
– Being an Andhrite, if you belong to a party which is silent on bifurcation, then, you & your party will be wiped out from Andhra.
– If you do not give proper allocation to Telangana in the Union Budget then your party will be wiped out in Telangana.
– If you do not give proper allocation to Andhra in the Union Budget then your party will be wiped out in Andhra.
When the problem in JNU started, people from villages and areas surrounding JNU staged rallies outside the campus against such activities. Which scared these anti-nationals and they refused to come out from the campus the 2nd day. But much before that, Rohith Vemula and his classmates offered ‘Namaz’ for Yakub Memom and put posters in his support with same slogans as in JNU on Holy Telugu land. But no single Telugu, whether, surrounding Hyd CU or distant cared a damn.
Andhrites might say that, Hyderabad is now in Telangana. Well to correct their failing memory, Hyd CU is 90% surrounded by Andhra Settlers, with the much hyped Hitech City being just 5-7kms away. One of those 90% being myself. With Rohith Vemula himself being from Guntur, Andhra.
If Telugus had taken action against Rohith Vemula and his friends, then the issue in JNU wud not have occurred. Since, the main reason given by the JNU & Jadavpur University students for hosting such an event, was Rohith Vemula’s death.
One single brave heart OBC Telugu from Telangana belonging to the ABVP brought this to the nation’s attention, and he was almost killed by these anti-nationals. Not forgetting another brave heart lone BJP MP Shri Bandaru Dattatreya who incidentally happens to be a Dalit too.
I was joking with my North Indian friend about anti-nationalism of Delhites and JNU. He was quick to respond that, all this problem started in your state. If you people had tackled it effectively, then this matter wudnt have come till here.
All the average Telugu needs is his night peg, his caste, his caste hero movie, his card group and his woman.
Country be damned! Nation be damned!
Well lets wait and see in 2019, which party will get wiped out.