“I always suggested my daughter to be careful from wild animals. I could be good if I suggested him to be careful from human”, this pain was expressed by father of High school girl named as Gudia. Gudia (name changed) was gang raped and murdered in Shimla.
On 4th July, 2017; there was a sports’ day in school (located in Mahasu, 6km away from Gudia’s home in Shirgali village of Kotkhai area), in which Gudia’s brother participated. Like any other usual day, her brother and she were travelling alone from home to school then school to home. The route between her home and school consisted of Halila forest area.
On that day (4th July), both had told their parents that they would stay at their relative’s home after the sports function ended. But, as Gudia didn’t participate, she decided to return home. At 4 o’clock, function ended and she left for home while her brother decided to stay at relative’s home. On the way to home, she was travelling alone through forest area. She didn’t reach home. After two days, Her body was found naked in Halila forest. Deputy Superintendent of police (DSP) Theog Manoj Joshi reached the spot and sent the body for postmortem. “We are not ruling out the possibility of rape of the minor,” he said.
Story by police, “She left school around 4 o’clock, but his brother stayed at a relative’s home. They both convinced their parents that they would stay, but she decided to come home. She alone left the school. On the way, Raju (the van driver) asked her for lift near Halila forest area. When she refused, he pulled her in the van and drove to deep forest area. All six along with Raju were drunk, they brutally gang raped her then murdered her to hide her identity.”
Story by Suraj (One of the accused), “She was walking alone and we were drunk. Raju suddenly planned to pull her in the van and he raped her. While he was planning to kill her, she begged all to leave her. She also begged that if we wanted, we could do whatever we wanted but leave her because she wanted to live. She was also begging by giving assurance that she would not tell anyone about this incidence. But, Raju was in a mental state to kill her. According to Raju, if she would be alive, we would have to be ashamed publicly.”
What people say, “We are confirmed about the fact that the police and government are hiding real culprits. These six are prey in this case. Real culprit has not been arrested yet”.
Why people’s point makes sense?
- The girl was missing on 4th July, her parents started search and also informed Kotkhai police, but police did not register the FIR.
- After 2 days, On 8th July, a body was found in Halil forest. People informed police.
- Police were late to reach at the spot. They reached 5 hours late after the information was conveyed by the people. Meanwhile, people gathered at the spot from where body was recovered.
- After 120 hours, Police had no clue about unidentified accused.
- People came on road to demand for justice.
- Police said that they gang raped her and killed her. After the crime, they flew from the spot. Police wiped out the fact and was not able to clarify that how shocks of decreased found in Ashish’s house.
- Ashish is the son of a big apple traders of the area. According to the locals, Police was trying to put a curtain on him. His father paid huge bribe to spare his son. Kotkhai police role should be under observation.
- State Government formed SIT to get a break down in this case.
- Hindustan Times reports, “On July 13, police had claimed a breakthrough in the rape and murder of a minor school girl whose naked body was found in isolated woods in Kotkhai Tehsil’s Halaila village. The six accused were identified as Ashish Chauhan (29), Rajinder Singh (32) of Sharaal village, Subash Singh Bisht (42) of Pauri Garhwal, Suraj Singh (29) of Nepal, Lok Jan (19) of Nepal and Deepak (38) of Garhwal. Bisht is a priest in a temple at Pauri Garhwal. They were produced before a court in Theog and sent to seven-day police remand. All the six arrested were kept in police custody in Kotkhai. The police is tight-lipped over the matter but sources have confirmed to Hindustan Times that Singh, a Nepalese national, died due to “strangulation”. His body was brought to IGMC, Shimla, for postmortem”.
“Suraj Singh has died”, confirmed Shimla superintendent of police (SP) DW Negi.
- On 18th July, Suraj was killed by another accused Raju in suspicious conditions. Police is not able to clarify that why they had put all accused in one cell only.
- Subsequently, entire staff of Kotkhai was transferred by state government!
- If her body was there in the forest after rape, how is it possible that wild animals did not harm?
- Police theory says, her clothes were near her body. There was raining from the day she was missing, why her clothes did not have a single mud spot?
- There were two or three families residing in range of 200 meters, from where body was recovered. As per police theory, she was raped at the place where her body was recovered. But how is it possible that no one heard her voice?
- CM Facebook page, released a message of arrest, then why same was deleted?
The big question is: To whom police and state government is protecting? After wiping out the evidence, state government transferred the case from SIT to CBI on Friday 21st July.
The whole story by police seems to be doubtful. Is the outrage of locals true? So, where is the main accused? Will justice be served to Gudia?